Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Welcome to the Jungle

Sometimes the police really gets under my skin. I know they are just doing their job, but there are still those hard-nosed pigs that only care about making their quota for the week. This morning, my mother ran into one of those cops today. Before I go into the story, here's the backstory.

When my mom got a new car earlier this summer, her credit rating was less than perfect. She took my aunt to the dealership so the car could be purchased under her name; he credit was acceptable for them. Although the car would be under my aunt's name, my mom would be the one making the payments.

Fast forward to this morning:

I'm getting ready for school at another aunt's house when I look at the clock. The time is 7:25 A.M. My mom is usually here at this time, so I think to myself, "I hope mom gets here soon, or I'll be late." (Class starts at 8 A.M.) The clock ticks, 7:45 A.M. I'm really worried now. Then the phone rings in my grandmother's room. After answering the phone, she calls me in the room. It's my mom on the phone. She tells me that she will call back after she finishes talking to the State Trooper. "Did she say 'State Trooper'?" I think after I hand the phone back to my grandmother. After ten minutes, give or take 5, she calls back. She was stopped my a State Trooper because the plates on the car did not come up as hers. My mom tried to explain why they didn't, but the Trooper's reaction was less than favorable. The pig wrongly accused her of lying and stealing the car, took off the plates, and gave her a ticket, or was it two? Nope, the pig gave my mother THREE tickets!!! He told her that if she was to drive the car without plates, she would be arrested. He also told her that she only had a couple of days to get the right plates. She asked him how she was supposed to do that without a car, and he says, "Figure it out." I'm still fuming, so let me calm down a little...


...trying to chill out...






...still chilling out...not effective...







...making some progress...







...no longer grinding teeth...fine enough to keep going...

I have one thing to say about that little [expletive]: The pig better be glad I was not with her or else I would've had to be arrested for assaulting a police officer! That State Trooper treated my mom like a freakin' criminal! Why would my mother make that up? To top it all off, today is her last day of her live-in case as a Personal Caretaker. She was supposed to go shopping tonight! As if we haven't been thrown enough curveballs already...

If you ask me, I think that cop was just trying to make his quota for this week, so he saw a black woman driving a nice car and automatically thought, "That car looks too nice to be hers. I have three tickets left before I take off for the rest of the week. Maybe if I nab that chick for grand theft auto, I could throw her three tickets in one sitting. The rest of the boys will call me a hero! And the best part: I get the rest of the week off along with another week vacation the boss will give me." Now my mom's gotta go to court with my aunt to face this Cretan and get this thing straightened out. Unfortunately for him, she has Pre-Paid Legal. Get ready, pig. You messed with the wrong family today, and don't expect us to take it easy on you. You reap what you sow, Nimrod!

And the beat goes on...

B

No comments: